- Over 40 years of teaching at graduate and post graduate levels in Seminaries / Colleges
- Since 2005 Supervisor of theses at M.Th. level and Doctoral level candidate
- Member of Research Committee of Board of Theological Education of the Senate of Serampore College (Board of Theological Education of the Senate of Serampore College) (February 2003 – February 2005)
- Member of the Board of Studies, History of Christianity from March 2003 – 2005
- Member of the Board of Studies, Christian Ministry, Senate of Serampore College, 2005 – 2008
- Guest lecturer at Madras Christian College (Autonomous) Tambaram, Madras
- TAFTEE Instructor at post-Graduate level
- Executive member of the Church History Association of India, 2006- 2009
- A Langham Scholar
- 1980 B.D., Serampore University
- 1982 / 86 M.A. Philosophy, Osmania University
- 1985 M.Th. Practical Theology / Christian Ministry, majoring in Pastoral Counseling, United Theological College, Bangalore
- 1992 B.L.I.S. (Library Science) Annamalai University
- 1998 Ph.D., Dalit Theology/Mission History (Oxford Centre for Mission Studies / British Open University UK; A University Under Royal Charter) ; Dissertation on The Impact of SPG on the Dalits of Tirunelveli 1830 – 1930 supervised by Prof. Lionel Caplan University of London & Daniel O’Connor, St. Andrews; the Dissertation was examined by the professors of University of Oxford and Cambridge: Prof. Terance Ranger & Prof. Brian Stanley
- 2000 Global Research Institute / Fuller Theological Seminary Post doctoral studies: On Indian Models of Holistic Mission
- From 2011 till date, Professor at MTSC & Head, Evangelical Theological Academy: a unit of Madras Theological Seminary & College 2011 – present.
- Jun 2007 – 2011: Instructor at PG level students, Professor & Head Department of Mission & Ministry, The Association for Theological Education by Extension (TAFTEE) an Institution affiliated with the University of Wales, UK
- June, 2006 – May 2007: Professor & Head of the department of Missiology, GFA Biblical Seminary
- Feb 2000 – May 2006 Principal, Madras Theological Seminary & College, Evangelical Church of India
- 1990 -2000 – Professor, Madras Bible Seminary (now MTSC) of Evangelical Church of India
- 1981 – 1990 Lecturer / Professor in Christian Missions & Ministry and Practical Theology for the past 40 years in various Serampore University affiliated Seminaries and Colleges including 30 years of service with Madras Theological Seminary & College (MTSC) of the Evangelical Church of India
- 1979 To 1981 Cross-cultural Missionary, Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh
- Dalit Consciousness and Christian Conversion: Historical Resources for a Contemporary Debate (Oxford: Regnum & Delhi: ISPCK, 1999).
- Mission Reader: Historical Models for Wholistic Mission in the Indian Context (Oxford: Regnum & Delhi: ISPCK, 2002).
- Mission as Transforming Service, co edited with Dr.S.D.Ponraj, (Chennai: Mission Educational Books, 2004)
- About 15 articles were published in the academic Journals such as Transformation, Journal, Dharma Deepika, Evangelical Review of Theology, TBT Journal; CISRS and Drishtikone: Evangelical Perspectives on Mission and Ethics. Church History Review, etc
- Two booklets in the Tamil Language: 1.Theologies of Transformation (1992). 2.Political Theologies (1995). About 100 Articles in Tamil language were published in a Church Magazine called Nirubam, etc
- Co-edited with Bishop Dr.M.Ezra Sargunam, Mission Mandate ll (Chennai : Mission Educational Books, 2006) ;
- Co-edited with Bishop Dr.M.Ezra Sargunam, Christian Contribution To Nation Building (Chennai: Mission Educational Books, 2006)
- Renewal of Mission in India: A Historical Perspective, (Chennai : Mission Educational Books, 2008)
- Varalatil Christavam (Tamil) Indian Christian History, (Chennai, Mission Educational Books, 2017),
- Essays in Honor of Bishop Dr. M. Ezra Sargunam, co-edited with Dr. David Onasimu, Delhi, Christian World Imprints, 2018.
- Essays in Honor of Bishop Dr. D. Sundar Singh, co-edited with Dr. David Onasimu, Delhi, Christian World Imprints, 2019.